Healthy or not? It may surprise you to learn that there are 5 “health foods” that are actually not healthy at all. In this video you’ll learn the 5 surprising health foods you shouldn’t be eating, and some healthier alternatives to eat instead.
**Of course — as you know — what you choose to eat and consume is your choice and responsibility.
1. Whole Wheat Bread. Healthy or not? In most cases, not. Why? Whole wheat bread contains a chemical that’s banned in numerous other countries. Instead, eat Ezekiel Bread, which is flourless and whole grain, and is digestible in the way our bodies were meant to eat. http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49
2. Agave Nectar. This popular sweetener has a higher concentration of fructose than high fructose corn syrup. If you’re wondering whether this “health food” is still healthy or not, think about this: the high levels of fructose in agave nectar contribute to visceral belly fat. Instead, use coconut palm sugar, which contains all the minerals and vitamins from the coconut and is low-glycemic. Another option is Sweet Leaf Stevia. http://www.sweetleaf.com/
3. Gatorade. This drink is on the list of 5 foods to not eat because it’s basically sugar, chemicals, and salt. Until recently, it even contained a controversial flame-retardant chemical, too! Instead of drinking Gatorade, drink raw coconut water (not from concentrate) or try eating celery, which is also a great electrolyte booster.
4. Almond Milk. You may never have wondered if this was healthy or not, but store-bought almond milk contains the ingredient Carrageenan. This can disrupt your GI tract and is also found in dairy products. Instead, try the Whole Foods 365 brand of almond milk, check ingredient labels, or make your own at home.
5. Frozen Yogurt. This “health food” is loaded with sugars and processed ingredients. In fact, frozen yogurt is processed to the point where probiotic levels are diminished, so there’s no question if it’s healthy or not. Instead, try Red Mango, one of the cleanest ones out there, or make your own from coconut milk.
C’mon over to https://www.marieforleo.com/blog/healthy-or-not-health-foods where the main discussion happens after the episode!
If you enjoyed this video, subscribe to our channel and sign up for your free weekly business and life advice at http://www.marieforleo.com.
And if you’re interested in more videos on guest interviews like this one, check out our YouTube playlist on that exact topic here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D5277E0F92106D2.
Thanks for watching!